The FruitGuys Community Fund 2018 Grant Cycle is underway. We’re seeking volunteers to join our annual grant review committee. In 2017, we awarded 10 grants to small independent American farms. Grants vary from $2,500 to $5,000, all supporting sustainable agriculture including soil health, water management, biodiversity, pollinator support and pest management. These small farm grants, are used to preserve and enhance innovative, ecologically sustainable farming practices.
Feel passionate about how and where your food is grown? Now’s your chance to help support small sustainable farmers all over the U.S. by volunteering for our 2018 grant review.
Each year we need volunteers to donate 8-10 hours as part of the farm grant application review process. Most, if not all, participation is virtual via conference calls.
Volunteers help by:
- Reviewing project proposals
- Scoring them according to our criteria
- Meeting with other review committee members via conference calls
- Finalizing the award recommendations sent to our Advisory Board for approval
We will meet during the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 1:00 – 2:00 PM PST
- Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 1:00 – 2:00 PM PST and,
- Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 1:00 – 2:00 PM PST.
If you’re interested? Please complete our volunteer form and we will be in touch.