Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, user name, password, answer to security questions, information about your company or business, name and contact information about gift recipients, and, when necessary, date of birth and credit card and/or other payment/ordering information) when you:
- Apply for a grant
- Make a donation
- Inquire about volunteering
- Inquire about our services or products
- Subscribe to receive communications from us via email or register for an account on our Website
- Participate in one of our surveys, contests, or other marketing events
- Are referred to us though a marketing promotion or third-party business relationship
- Are sent our products as a gift
- Submit information for employment consideration
We also may gather information about how visitors navigate through our Website by using clickstream data gathered with “cookies” and/or other online tools such as “pixel tags.” See “Cookies” below for further information.
Using the Information We Collect
- Send you information and newsletters and/or communicate promotional offers that may be of interest to you about the The FruitGuys® Community Fund or select third parties’ products
- Process your grant application, contact you concerning the status of your application, answer questions, respond to your inquiries or requests, or otherwise contact and communicate with you when necessary
- Contact you regarding the processing of your grant application
- Improve our programs and services
- To help us learn more about our Website visitors and customers, and to improve their shopping experience and our business
- To develop new programs and services
- To research and address any problems with our Website, business, and our products and services
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection
We may use aggregated data that does not identify you personally for any purposes, including without limitation, research, commercial purposes or improving our website. We may use your email address to contact you to respond to your inquiries, to provide notices to you or to give you information about our products or services.
Information We Share with Others
Remove Your Name from Our Lists at Any Time If you prefer not to receive offers, emails, or other communications from The FruitGuys® or one of our brands via email, U.S. mail, or telephone, please email Customer Service at email@example.com or write to us at: The FruitGuys, 490 Eccles Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080. Because customer communications are often prepared well in advance of deployment (sometimes several months before the communication is made), you may continue to receive some communications after you send us a request not to use your information. We appreciate your patience during this time. If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us regarding our products, partner offers, special offers or services, and/or newsletters, you may choose to stop receiving these emails at any time. Information on how to opt out of receiving marketing email is provided in every email, or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at the address provided above. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, and specifically what type of information you do not want to receive. If you opt out of receiving marketing email, we will continue to send you emails regarding order confirmation and shipment notification when you place an order with us.
Your California Rights
The FruitGuys® and our brands may disclose your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing to you unless you tell us not to. In order to opt out of such sharing or for further information, please email email@example.com, or write us at the address provided above. Please be sure to include your full name, mailing address, email address, and specifically what type of information you do not want to receive. Please allow up to six to eight weeks to process your request from the date of receipt.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that contains information about your computer. Cookies may be used to enable us to track and target your interests for the purpose of enhancing your experience on our Websites. Some cookies are deleted once you leave our Website (“Session cookies”) while other cookies remain after your leave our Website (“Persistent cookies”) so that you are recognized when you return to the Website. We may use persistent cookies to enable us to provide services to you, including order history, address book, etc. If you would like to deactivate our ability to analyze your browsing activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at the address provided above. We may also use technologies such as our own cookies to provide you with enhanced online display advertising. To opt out of advertising provided by The FruitGuys®, please email email@example.com, or write us at the address provided above. If you reject certain cookies, you may still browse our Website; however, you may not be able to purchase or have access to all of our services. We currently do not employ technology that responds to “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this Website. These companies may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our site and use such information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services. This information is collected through the use of pixel tags or cookies.
This website has been built using WordPress, which places one ‘session cookie’ on your computer when you arrive on the website:
- PHPSESSID – A random unique number or string of letters and numbers. The cookie is deleted when you close your web browser. As you browse around the pages on this site, the session cookie tells the website that you are the same person requesting the webpages, and not a new visitor to each page. This cookie does not identify you personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.
WordPress uses the following cookies to enable registered users to log into the website:
- wordpress_test_cookie – A session cookie, deleted when you close your web browser. WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
- wordpress_xxxxx – A session cookie, deleted when you close your web browser. WordPress uses these cookies to store your authentication details, and their use is limited to the admin console area.
- wordpress_logged_in_xxxxx – A session cookie, deleted when you close your web browser. WordPress uses this cookie to indicate when you’re logged in, and who you are, for most interface use.
- wp-settings-xxxxx,wp-settings-time-xxxxx – Persistent cookie, expire a little under one year from the time they’re set. WordPress uses this cookie to customize your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface.
If you comment on an article on this website, WordPress uses the following cookies:
- comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url – (Your name, email address and website address) Persistent cookies, which expire a little under one year from the time they’re set. WordPress sets these cookies purely for convenience, so that you won’t need to re-type all your information again when you want to leave another comment.
The cookie notification on this website is generated by the WordPress plugin Popup Maker and uses the following cookie:
- pum-2735 – Cookie that prevents the repeated display of the popup notification to the same user after closing popup. Expires after 1 month.
Further information is available in the WordPress Codex: WordPress Cookies
Google Analytics and Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which employs the following cookies to log website traffic and usage data:
- _ga – Used to distinguish users. (expiration time: 2 years)
- _gid – Used to distinguish users. (expiration time: 24 hours)
- _gat – Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>. (expiration time: 1 minute)
- AMP_TOKEN – Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. (expiration time: 30 seconds to 1 year)
- _gac_<property-id> – Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more. (expiration time: 90 days)
Further information is available in the Google Analytics Help Center: Google Analytics Data Privacy and Security
Correcting, Changing or Deleting Information; Disabling Account
You can (a) access, correct, or update your Personal Information, and/or (b) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to The FruitGuys® Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly label the subject line “Corrections/Disabling Account,” and do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information. In specific circumstances, proof of identity and payment may be required. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter or promotional emails from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link contained in any promotional email or contact us at email@example.com (and put “Unsubscribe” or “Opt Out” in the subject line).
Promotions and Contests
Our websites are not designed to appeal to minors, and you are required to be 18 years of age in order to use this website or provide information to us. Therefore we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children under 18.
Shopping on the The FruitGuys® website is easy and we strive to ensure that your order and credit card information are safe and secure. As a result, The FruitGuys® has implemented certain physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information you provide. As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information and no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In order to try to minimize this risk, we encrypt your personal information, including your name, credit card number, and address, using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Our servers’ use of SSL works with the main browser applications available on the market. This means that you may not be able to use the SSL if you have an older version of an Internet browser that does not support secure transactions, or if your computer is located on a local area network (LAN) that uses a firewall that prohibits secure transactions. You should ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account information by limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: The FruitGuys490 Eccles Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Because data transmission over the Internet is never 100% secure we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our websites and therefore you use our websites at your own risk. You play a significant role in protecting your information. After you register on our website you are responsible for protecting the security of your user name and password. You are responsible for any transaction made using your user name and password. If you need to communicate with us regarding your credit card or other payment information please contact us by mail at the address above. We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any non-public information that you provide us or post on the website. If there is information that you wish to protect from disclosure to others, please do not provide it to us.
Links to Other Sites
Notification of Changes
Questions or Feedback?
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to email@example.com or write to us at: