Thank you for your interest in applying. We will be accepting Letters of Intent for a 2022 Grant Cycle.
The application portal will be activated January 3, 2022 at 12:00 am PST.
The deadline to apply is January 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm PST.
Before applying, please review our grant eligibility requirements below.
Each year we award grants ranging from $2,000-$5,000 for projects that align with one or more of the core ideals detailed in our Sustainable Farming Manifesto.
- Applicant is an owner/operator of the farm or has long-term, legal access to the land. If farming on leased land, a letter of support from the landowner specifying length of the lease agreement must be provided with the grant application.
- The applicant farm must be an established working farm that is looking to improve operations.
- Applicant has not been previously awarded a FruitGuys Community Fund grant. We are not currently funding past grantees.
- We welcome farms to re-apply for the same project or a different one if you have not been funded.
- Farm is small to medium-sized as determined by acreage in agricultural production. Farms with more than 300 acres in agricultural production are ineligible to apply.
- Community outreach. Farmers will engage in community outreach, education, or policy advocacy surrounding sustainable agriculture. Engagement must be described in the grant proposal. Up to 10% of the total grant amount awarded may be used to support efforts for community outreach, education, and/or advocacy.
Focus on Small Farms: We are one of the only organizations that provide agricultural micro-grants for small farms in the U.S. Investing in farms as economic and social change agents.
National Reach: Open to all eligible small US farms, not limited to The FruitGuys supply chain,
What We Will Not Fund:
- Non soil-based farming operations (i.e. hydroponic/aquaponic growing systems)
- Land purchases
- Costs associated with labor (your budget should only include materials and supplies)
- Projects that require a percentage of the award be used for consultants or administration
- Requests that are dependent upon receiving funding from a separate, larger grant