How to Apply
2014 Grant applications are due by midnight, February 15, 2014.
Download the Grant Announcement and Application Procedures Here
- Applicant is an owner/operator of the farm or has long-term, legal access to the land. If farming on leased land, a letter of support from the landowner specifying length of the lease agreement must be provided with the grant application.
- Farm is small- to medium-sized as determined by acreage in agricultural production.
- Farmer will engage both in sustainability project and in community outreach, education, or advocacy surrounding sustainable agriculture in the funded project area. Each effort must be described in detail in the grant proposal.
Preferences for 2014 award cycle
- Farm is located within 150 miles of San Francisco CA, Philadelphia PA, or Chicago IL.
- Sustainability project is focused on one of the areas mentioned in our sustainability manifesto, including but not limited to:
- Pests (for example, owl or bat boxes)
- Pollination (for example, bee hives & pollinator hedgerows)
- Soil Health (for example, cover crops & hoop houses)
3. Farm participates in some efforts to increase low-income consumers’ access to food.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.