How to Apply
Application & Grant Procedures
Applicants are invited to submit a brief proposal that includes the following information:
- Applicant’s primary contact information (name, address, telephone, email, and website (if applicable)).
- Applicant description (describe size of farm (by acreage), status/tenure of ownership, history, and type of crops grown).
- Community. Why is your farm considered a community farm? Describe your commitment and approach to outreach, education, or advocacy surrounding the sustainable agriculture project described in this application, as well as any other advocacy you engage in.
- Goals and objectives. Describe your project’s goals and objectives. How does this fit in with your farm operations both year one and on-going?
- Budget. Budget for your project. Please include estimates for any necessary materials or supplies, personnel costs (if needed), and any in-kind contributions.
- Timeline. Outline timeline and resources for completing the project. (All projects must be completed by December 1, 2013.)
- Impact. Describe positive impacts expected as a result of the funded project.
Deadline to apply is March 1, 2013. Applicants that do not meet the four grantee requirements stated above will not be reviewed. Qualifying grants will be reviewed in early 2013 by a group of volunteer advisory board members and awards will be announced in April 2013.
All projects must be completed by December 1, 2013.
Grant Allocations & Reporting Requirements
Grants will be awarded in two installments: an initial installment of 75% of the proposed projects costs will be awarded in Spring 2013. The remaining 25% will be dispersed following submission of a final report due on, or before, December 31, 2013.
Grant recipients will be required to:
- Provide the FruitGuys Community Fund with a written narrative report (or video) of the project installation and its outcomes.
- Document the installation of their project with supporting photos or video.
- Sign a media release allowing the Community Fund access and use of documentation.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.